We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK. The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
In general, you can visit us without revealing any personal information about yourself. We will analyse web site traffic to help us provide our customers with a better online experience and level of service.
To process an order we need to know your name, delivery and billing address, e-mail address and debit/credit card details. This allows us to process and fulfil your order. You have the option to withhold personal information that is not required for the order process. We use your personal information to notify you of your purchase and to send you updates of our products and services (unless you opted out). We will never sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons, beyond the essential requirement for credit/debit card validation during purchase.
We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it. In order to maintain the accuracy of our database, you can check, update or remove your personal details by logging into your account or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we use your information
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with the UK data protection legislation. In order to process credit/debit card transactions, the bank or card processing agency may require to verify your personal details for authorisation outside the EEA (European Economic Area). Your information will not be transferred outside the EEA for any other purpose. We are PCI DSS compliant for the purposes of card processing.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you'd expect
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Personalise our site to you to help you get what you need faster
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Visitor statistics cookies
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Holidays Afloat Ltd, Talbot Wharf, The Boatyard, Newcastle Road, Market Drayton, Shropshire TF9 1HN.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.